Welcome to Taft School
Welcome to Taft School
It is the mission of South Holland School District 151, in collaboration with parents, communities and businesses, to be committed to educational excellence by providing opportunities in a wholesome, nurturing environment; preparing all students to become lifelong learners and productive citizens, who can meet the challenges of society.
|Previous March 2023 Next|
Measures of Academic Progress® (MAP®) creates a personalized assessment experience by adapting to each student’s learning level.
MSWAP will be hosting a Mother and Son Dance Sneaker Ball, Saturday, May 6th at Madison School. Please click here for our flyer and more information.
Arrival & Dismissal
- Morning supervision begins at 8:15am
- Class instruction begins at 8:30am.
- Students are not allowed to be on school grounds before 8:15am.
- Students arriving after 8:30am are considered tardy. They must report to the office for an admittance slip and then proceed to class. Teachers are not allowed to accept students who enter their classroom late without a tardy slip.
All children will enter the appropriate door – those departing buses will enter on the north side of the building. “Walkers” will enter through the east gym door. For security purposes, all doors are kept locked. Parents/Caregivers will not be able to enter the building through the east gym door.
Parents/Caregivers must enter the building through the main entrance only.
- Taft Preschool A.M. students are dismissed at 11:05am.
- All other students at Taft are dismissed at 3:00pm with the exception of the 2:30pm early dismissal on Wednesday.
Parents/Guardians/Private Bus Companies are expected to enter the east parking lot, off of Jefferson Street. All vehicles should form a single file line. Individuals should not park and walk to pick students up. This may cause safety concerns for students and individuals as vehicles are entering and exiting the parking lot. Door 2 will not open until 2:55pm.
Parents who wish to make his/her child a ‘walker’ (car pick-up) must call and inform the Office Manager. Calls must be received by 2:00pm on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and 1:45pm on Wednesday.
- The parents or guardians of children who are picked up on a regular basis must show a Taft Identification Card. Parents who do not have their Identification Card will be asked to check in at the office.
- A note from the parent or guardian should be sent to the office if a child is to be dismissed early or to another adult.
Harvey, IL 60426